ICBA membership is open to all Candlepin Bowling Centers and suppliers and other vendors in the bowling industry. ICBA delivers membership value on a local level through our state associations as well through the affiliation with BPAA (The Bowling proprietors of America). ICBA is able to offer members a wide range of cost saving programs, marketing resources, best practice and how to guides, education, technology services and much more! Contact the ICBA Executive Director to get more information about how ICBA can help you help your business be more profitable while helping to support new industry growth.
ICBA was formed in January 1986 by a group of individuals in the Candlepin Bowling Industry. This group realized for their businesses to survive they all had to work together united toward a common goal and built the foundation of their association on leadership and service.
ICBA objectives are:
- To promote, encourage, preserve, stabilize, strengthen, enlarge, unify and coordinate the recreation of candlepin bowling;
- To foster good will, harmonious action, mutual respect and fair dealing among members, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and others engaged in the business of supplying equipment and services to bowling lane proprietors;
- To foster, promote, standardize and perpetuate the sport of candlepin bowling and all its pattern as a wholesome recreation for all ages and to achieve and maintain candlepin bowling at its highest possible level;
- To elevate to the highest standards the sportsmanship of all involved, impressing that one should bowl for fun and recreation and for sport's sake alone;
- To promulgate a code of ethics;
- To exchange ideas which will help members perfect sound business methods and eliminate abuses;
- To compile and disseminate statistics and other information of value to the members;
- To investigate and adjust fairly questions arising among members;